Dear Valued Client,
As you are aware, the province is moving to Phase 2 of Alberta’s relaunch strategy today, Friday, June 12, a week sooner than expected. We are pleased to announce that the clinic will reopen on Monday, June 22nd.
Please familiarize yourself with the following Clinic Protocols, which are effective June 12, 2020
We are putting the following additional safety measures in place to provide a safe environment for our team and our clients:
- Screening: You are required to complete the screening questionnaire, (which will be emailed to you), prior to every appointment. This must be completed prior to your arrival. Clients showing any COVID-19 symptoms or those who have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms will be asked to return home and reschedule for a later date. During these unprecedented circumstances, we ask that you are on the side of caution when it comes to deciding whether or not to cancel an appointment due to illness. We will not be charging a fee for any cancellations up to two hours before the scheduled start time of the appointment. No-shows or cancellations within two hours of the appointment will be subject to a fee (the full cost of the missed appointment).
- One-way traffic: You will be entering through the gym entrance and exiting through the exterior door to the parking lot. There will be signs on the floor indicating this flow. Both of our entrances will be locked prior to your appointment. Please arrive alone and on time, (no sooner or later than your appointment), to help us avoid having more than one client in the waiting/reception area at a time. In the event that you have arrived early, please stay in your car until the start time of your appointment.
- Hand hygiene: Hand sanitizer stations will be located at the entrance and exit to our clinic. For your safety and others, we ask that you practice thorough hand hygiene upon arriving and leaving our space. As always, we will be practicing thorough hand hygiene throughout our shifts.
- Schedule changes: We have adjusted our schedules to allow for staggering of appointments. Alicia’s shifts will be from 2:00pm to 7:30pm and my shifts will be from 2:30pm to 8:00pm. We have also extended the time between appointments from 15 to 30 minutes to allow sufficient time for sanitization. To be able to more closely monitor who is coming and going, we are only booking 60 minute appointments at this time. Keeping a regular schedule will help us avoid gaps in our days and will allow us to better control the clinic environment.
- Plexiglas dividers: We will be installing Plexiglas in front of, and in between the two sides of our reception desk. There will be another panel between the two treatment room doors. Please remain a safe distance from other clients in the event that there is more than one person in the waiting/reception area at a time.
- Sanitary protocol: We will be using medical grade disinfectants to clean ALL surfaces and equipment between each patient, including the payment machine. Cash will not be accepted at this time, and all receipts will be issued by email only. Our books, table warmers, non-wipeable equipment and materials will be removed from the clinic, including the chairs in the treatment rooms, which will be temporarily replaced with plastic ones.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Use of masks is required, as physical distancing cannot be maintained during your treatment. We will be wearing a surgical/procedural mask during your appointment, and we ask that clients bring their own non-medical mask to wear during treatment. If you do not have your own mask or don’t have one with you at the time of your appointment, we will provide one to you for a fee of $2.00.
We are aware that our clients may come in with different comfort levels. We believe it is our responsibility to avoid the possible spread of COVID-19, and ensuring the health and safety of our community is our top priority. As required, all clients will be screened prior to every appointment. Alleviate Massage Therapy reserves the right to reschedule any client showing symptoms of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms without the use of the recommended PPE.
If you would like more information about proper infection control procedures and the use of PPE, free online courses are available through Alberta Health Services at:
- Infection Prevention and Control (Education and Training)
- Personal Protective Equipment and You (PPE)
Your next appointment will no doubt be a different experience than any of us are used to. We understand that this is a lot of information, and that these changes may present challenges, but we are here to help guide you to our “new norm”.
Alleviate Massage Therapist Team.
Updated June 12, 2020.