Dear Valued Client,
As you’re aware, Premier Kenney recently released Alberta’s relaunch strategy. Stage 1 of the relaunch is set to begin as early as May 14, with Massage Therapy being designated in the Stage 2 category. Stage 2 has not been given a set date of relaunch but will begin after Stage 1 has been determined to have been a success based on various health indicators. We wish to let you know we are preparing for our reopening.
We are putting the following additional safety measures in place to provide a safe environment for our team and our clients:
- Screening: Every client will be screened prior to their appointment. Clients showing any COVID-19 symptoms or those who have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms will be asked to return home and reschedule for a later date. We will continue to honour the temporary change to our no-show/cancellation policy, waiving fees for last minute changes made to appointments due to COVID-19.
- One-way traffic: You will be entering through the gym entrance and exiting through the exterior door to the parking lot. There will be signs on the floor indicating this flow. Both of our entrances will be locked prior to your appointment. Please arrive on time, (no sooner or later than your appointment), to help us avoid having more than one client in the waiting/reception area at a time. In the event that you have arrived early, please stay in your car until the start time of your appointment.
Hand sanitizer stations will be located at the entrance and exit to our clinic. If you need a mask during the treatment, please bring your own or we can provide you one for a fee. For your safety and others, we ask that you practice thorough hand hygiene upon arriving and leaving our space.
- Schedule changes: We have adjusted our schedules to allow for staggering of appointments. Alicia’s shifts will be from 2:00pm to 7:30pm and my shifts will be from 2:30pm to 8:00pm. We have also extended the time between appointments from 15 to 30 minutes to allow sufficient time for sanitization.
To be able to more closely monitor who is coming and going, we are only booking 60 minute appointments at this time. Keeping a regular schedule will help us avoid gaps in our days and will allow us to better control the clinic environment.
- Plexiglas dividers: We will be installing Plexiglas in front of, and in between the two sides of our reception desk. There will be another panel between the two treatment room doors. Please remain a safe distance from other clients in the event that there is more than one person in the waiting/reception area at a time.
- Sanitary protocol: We will be using medical grade disinfectants to clean ALL surfaces and equipment between each patient. Our books, table warmers, non-wipeable equipment and materials will be removed from the clinic, including the chairs in the treatment rooms, which will be temporarily replaced with plastic ones.
In order to re-open the clinic, we will need to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by the Alberta government. The government has not yet released any specific instruction as to the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or safety guidelines that businesses in Stage 2 will need to adhere to. Alicia and I will be following all of Alberta Health Services’ guidelines regarding use of PPE. We will be wearing face masks or face guards and gloves during your treatment in addition to our usual hygiene practices.
If you would like more information about proper infection control procedures and the use of PPE, free online courses are available through Alberta Health Services at:
- Infection Prevention and Control (Education and Training)
- Personal Protective Equipment and You (PPE)
Your next appointment will no doubt be a different experience than any of us are used to. We understand that this is a lot of information, and that these changes may present challenges, but we are here to help guide you to our “new norm”.
Alleviate Massage Therapist Team.
*3rd update, on May 3rd, 2020.